Friday, August 5, 2011

August 1, 2011

Start: 1311
End: 1339

Today I woke up. I woke up on the wrong side of the tent. I just felt sleepy all day, wanting only to take a nap, but knowing that many miles needed to be hiked before sleeping. I was probably not much fun to be around. The thing that is amazing to me is that my legs and body felt fine, like I could hike all day, which I did. It was just a mental fog all day.

Of important note, we crossed the halfway point of the trail! I'm not really sure how I feel about that to be honest. On one hand it's great to have made it 1,325 miles. At the same time, I am three months into a hike that I thought would take 4.5 months, and am only halfway; not so good. I should still make it by the end of September, but it is going to be much closer than I would have liked, and I need to average 25 miles a day for the remaining miles.

On the bright side, tomorrow we get to Drakesbad Guest Ranch. Can't way to get clean and go swimming in warm water! What a concept!

No comments:

Post a Comment