Saturday, August 13, 2011

August 10, 2011

Start: 1516
End: 1539

Agh! I just erased this entry as I was trying to post! I'll do my best to remember what I wrote...

Today was a new hiking PR of 33 miles! It started with a rather long climb on a series of ridges, seemingly connected like one of MC Eschers drawings, constantly going up.

This section has already had much better views than the last, including Castle Crag, and views of the Trinity Alps. There were also a few lakes, most of which we saw from high above, but a couple we passed right by, which would have been nice for swimming had we the time to spare.

It was a very long day, and my feet were telling me so by the time we finally set up camp around 9:30. On the bright side, we GET to do the same thing again tomorrow!

Sent from the PCT

No comments:

Post a Comment