Friday, August 19, 2011

August 17, 2011

Start: California (1680)
End: Oregon (1710)

Today marked the last day of hiking on the PCT in the great state of California. It was kind of strange, and wonderful, to finally make it through the state, and I found myself in a contemplative mood. After having already passed the midpoint, and with less than 1000 miles to go, I thought that there would be some sort of excitement and fanfare associated with the milestone, but after a short break we just continued walking, the same as I've been doing since April 29. No fireworks, or balloons, or congratulations, not that I was necessarily expecting any of that. Instead I settled for a drink of water and a Clif bar, and then on with the hike.

Next up, Ashland!

Sent from the PCT

No comments:

Post a Comment