Friday, August 5, 2011

July 27, 2011

Start: 1197
End: 1214

I hung around the Red Moose this morning to get a solid, calorie-packed breakfast before heading back up the road to the trail around 9am.

On the way back up to the trail I ran into two other hikers from Portland that I haven't seen since before the hike started, Goodness and Zm! We chatted for a brief moment and then headed our separate ways.

The first part of the hike today was a long, gentle climb from 4600' to 7400'. Near the top, 12 Ounce and I stopped for lunch, enjoying the view across the valley as well as down to Sierra City where we had started the day. After lunch we had a little bit more climbing to do, so we continued up and around Sierra Buttes and into the lakes basin area.

We stopped for dinner around 6pm and enjoyed a Mountain House freeze dried dessert after dinner, courtesy of my mom. We did a few more miles after dinner and watched the sun set while walking along a ridge just before finding a place to camp. Another amazing day on the trail.

I should give a shout out to Fatty and Kyle tonight. I know you guys gave the romance novel "Brazen" to me as a joke, but 12 Ounce and I have been enjoying the poorly written book one chapter at a time the past few nights, so thank you. I'll be sure to give it back to you when I'm done so you can return it to your Bobbi Smith book collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment